In preparation for my trip to Atlanta, Georgia for the PRSSA 2015 National Conference I entered the ChooseATL “Ultimate Job Interview Contest.” This is a 90-second video contest where anyone from outside the Atlanta area could submit and enter to win. The website ChooseATL explained this about the contest:
- Contestants will enter by submitting a short video on why Atlanta is a place you can leave your mark via ChooseATL.com.
- The Top 10 entrants receiving the most votes during the public voting round will also be required to create a 5-minute pitch presentation outlining why they should be hired and how they’ll make their mark in Atlanta.
The website instructed the contestants that the winners of the contest will be selected by judges. The website says “judges appointed by employees of The Metro Atlanta Chamber will judge and review the top 10 entries receiving the most votes during the voting period. Submissions will be judged on their creativity, presentation skills, and originality. Up to 3 finalists will be selected from this pool of Semifinalists. A first, second and third place winner will then be selected by our final judges based on their performance during the in-person interview phase. All decisions of the judges are final.”
The prizes were too grand to pass up.
- The first place prize winner will receive a free trip to Atlanta including round-trip airfare, and one night in a hotel along with $10,000 USD check. Approximate Retail Value of the first place prize is $11,000 USD.
- The second place prize winner will receive a free trip to Atlanta including round-trip airfare, and one night in a hotel along with $5,000 USD check.
- The third place prize winner will receive a free trip to Atlanta including round-trip airfare, and one night in a hotel along with $2,500 USD check.
I submitted my video in hopes of highlighting the importance of change and that “change” is the number one motivator in my life. I believe Atlanta is a home to people who embrace change–much like other incredible cities. With the help of Aubrey Newell Productions, I was able to record my response to why Atlanta is where I can make my mark.
Why is Atlanta the place I can make my mark?
I will make my mark in Atlanta because I embrace change.
You see, change is what most people fear.
Fear of changing their habits.
Fear of changing their environment.
Well, I embrace change because change offers growth.
Change results in failure,
but also brings liberation which is how worldwide leaders can be born.
My life has led me to change and chase qualities like self-mastery.
I will make my mark in Atlanta because Atlanta has seen change like me.
Atlanta thrives off individuals who are different and have the next big ideas.
Atlanta is a breeding ground for people who are willing to change and come out on top.
Atlanta offers an opportunity for change on every corner.
I will make my mark in Atlanta like those who have gone before me.
Atlanta is a home to change.
That must be why they call it, Home of the Brave.
While voting is still available, submit your vote and help me launch my career in Atlanta by helping me win the ChooseATL Ultimate Job Interview Contest. You can vote for Jon Kovach Jr. here.
Follow me on Twitter: @jon_kovachjr